Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Blog-cation

I've always gone through cycles of greater activity on this blog to less, but this time feels like an especially long trough. I think a large part of it is I just got a lot going on. Moving, new job, stuff like that. Then when faced with the choice of fucking or writing about it, I generally choose the former.

But there's another thing: my relationship to the blog has sorta changed in some interesting ways. I remember on the onset, I just wanted to capture those beautiful moments with a trick. Honor that delicate moment that spans such a comparatively small amount of time and immortalize it. Those little moments of discovery. That achingly human side of what people normally cast off as so trivial and frivolous - the hook up. And honestly it was refreshing to just unleash like that being a guy that's not generally open about that sorta thing to his friends.

Recently, I kinda feel like things have changed.

I made a New Years resolution to only jerk off during sex. No more solo moments of me with tumblr on one hand and my dick in another. My cum loads were kinda bleh and I figured I'd be backed up firing massive loads if I didn't jerk off so much. But it kinda had the opposite effect. I just ended up fucking a whole lot more. Holy crap! I've been traveling for work so the opportunity was there more. I gotta say, though, part of it was also me wanting to find great experiences to write about. And that kinda feels weirdly inauthentic. It's like a cultural anthropologist mucking with the new group of people he's trying to document. How much of it is real and how much is created?

I'll still be writing, but probably not as frequently as I have previously. And I'll be using the other formats as well. I've been posting more visual content on Tumblr and occasionally throwing short thoughts/blurbs on Twitter. Feel free to stalk me across platforms. Ha!

So... How much have I been fucking around? I kinda wondered that too so as you may have remembered, I started to keep a spreadsheet. At the end of June, I looked at it and thought, holy cow. Ha! Time to spend more time focusing on other things besides my dick! Well, just a little. Cause my dick gets into a lot of fun and I'm cool with that. Ha!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PZPdpnUG4fC0N9Ck7yLwh0JkRjeMgbGBncet3VOlbC8/edit?usp=sharing

More to come! Including a meet with a fellow blogger from NYC!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's kinda a lot for the first 6 months. wow

Bruce said...

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised myself

Jack said...

The bad news is you're blogging less. And that sucks, because so am I. Now there's hardly any more wordy type blogs. We've all gone semi silent.

The good news is that It's gonna take me a while to digest your spreadsheet. I love the comments. Fun stuff.

Explorer Jack said...


The bad news is you're blogging less. And that sucks, because so am I. Now
there's hardly any more wordy type blogs. We've all gone semi silent.

The good news is that It's gonna take me a while to digest your
spreadsheet. I love the comments. Fun stuff.

close encounters said...

shame you're blogging less ... but at least we get the spreadsheet :)

some observations:
of the 233 entries - 18 JOs, 54 with Hubby
of the 54 with Hubby - 30 Anal Btm, 5 Flip, 6 Anal Top, 12 Oral Top, 1 Oral Btm
of the 161 entries with Another - 105 Anal Top, 4 Flip, 7 Anal Btm, 26 Oral Top, 9 Oral Btm, 10 JO

you've had sex 4 times in one day on 6 days (one of which was a Hubby only day) - 3 of those you've cum 4 times, twice you've cum 3 times and on the most recent occasion you just came once !
you've had sex 3 times in one day on 19 days (one of which was a Hubby only day)

keep the data cumming :)

Anonymous said...

It is sad news that you're blogging less. I really enjoy your writing, which at times approaches the lyrical and poetic, yet still remaining grounded in the earthiness of sex. The way you observe other people and try to divine their needs and then meet them speaks to me of the great respect and interest you have in the people you bed. Even when you feel that you failed them in some way you remain an admirable human being.

I will miss reading your blog but you should do what you need to. I've noticed with many blogs that people do burn out on it and that's okay. I will enjoy thinking of you living your life and enjoying it. And I thank you for sharing as much as you have. You have certainly made me think and smile and feel with you.

Cat

Anonymous said...

Wow! It had been a while since I visited your blog, but the spreadsheet massively impressed me!

And, as a fellow blogger, i can relate to the cycles. I AM much busier in both my professional and my personal lives, so my blogging has taken a bit of a back seat.

Nonetheless, I look forward to catching up on your more recent blog posts.